Our on site coaching is delivered on a one to one basis, where an individual's specific training needs can be addressed On site delivery means that coaching occurs in familiar surroundings with no extra costs.
On-Site Coaching Benefits
- The familiar surroundings mean that coaching is delivered in a comfortable environment.
- On site coaching gives you an immediate and impartial view of an individual’s skill set and their progress.
- We can identify what strengths an individual has and also what areas they need to work on to improve.
- We can focus on specific needs to coach a better all round performance whether in the field, on the phone or in dealing with other people.
- When coaching, the individual is encouraged to self critique, so that they become more self analytical. On site training means that no travel costs are incurred.
On-Site Coaching Requirements
- On-site coaching needs a clean room with plenty of space and natural lighting.
- Most seating arrangements can be accommodated based on the type of coaching provided and the numbers of delegates involved in the training.
- The company hosting the on site training needs to provide tea or coffee for the delegates on arrival in the coaching room and also at morning after afternoon breaks.
- It is also advisable that lunch is provided at the coaching venue so that the temptation to be drawn into issues of the day is avoided.
Communicating during On-Site Coaching
- Mobile phones should be switched off and land lines should be disconnected during the training.
- The privacy and confidentiality of the coaching needs to be respected whilst it is taking place.
- Interruptions during coaching should be avoided at all costs, unless of an extremely urgent nature.
- Although messages can be passed on at break times, it is always better to have cover arranged, so that the people being coached can pay maximum attention to the training and coaching being carried out on site..